In Handy Tips, we find ways to improve your life and make it easier and explain why these tips work. Today, we will tell you how to make a car phone holder using only an elastic band, a pen, and 10 seconds of your time.
Video blogger Dave Hax offers a quick and cheap way to make a car phone holder out of a regular elastic band. In his video, Dave very delicately assumes that you are not greedy and can afford to buy a proper phone holder in a car accessories store, but he also gives a hint on how to make one yourself in case life takes you by surprise.
Here’s a step-by-step guide in pictures:
- Choose an elastic band to attach it to your air vent.
- Thread the elastic band through the top of your air vent.
- To pull the elastic band through the bottom of the air vent, use a pen or anything that can pass between the air vent’s bars.
- The gadget is almost ready. Take your phone and slide it through the loops to hold in place.
- Voila! The elastic band does not even cover the screen entirely, so you can easily see everything. Anyway, if you have an old smartphone model.
- Don't worry, the free wonder gadget works for left-hand drive cars, too.
If you want to watch some more life hacks from Dave and listen to his magnificent British accent, check out the video below: