In Handy Tips, we find ways that can improve your life and make it easier and explain why these tips work. Today, we will tell you how to get creases out of your shoes or sneakers fast and efficiently.
This simple and effective method will not allow you to save on a plastic surgeon, but it will help you give your creased shoes new life.
If you woke up and saw that your creased shoes have lined up in the word “help,” do not rush to shell out and take your footwear to the shoe surgeon for a shoelift. It is better to use a life hack kindly shared by a Twitter user named Shantel Dé Bonsu. Shantel is exceptionally fond of sneakers. Over the years of being absolutely in love with this kind of footwear, she has come up with a simple yet effective way to remove these ruthless traces of time from shoes.
It’s nice that you have us, a YouTube video, and a step-by-step guide (can be found in this tweet’s thread).
To remove creases from your shoes, you will need:
- Creased shoes.
- Old socks, shirts, curtains, and other rags. Old newspapers will do as well, but ideally, find some rags.
- A small towel or another small but dense piece of cloth.
- Hot water.
- An iron.
- A socket compatible with an iron plug.
Act necessarily in this order:
- Wash and dry your shoes.
- Stuff your shoes with rags to the point you don’t see the crease.
- Wet a towel or a piece of cloth you found with hot water.
- Put it on the creased area of your shoe.
- Heat your iron.
- Iron the problem area through a wet cloth (Important: iron gently and don’t press the iron too much, keep lifting it up from time to time, otherwise, you’ll burn the shoes).
Voila! You got rid of creases!
Twitter users deeply appreciated Shantel’s life hack and decided to share their “before and after” photo evidence with other users: