Wondering what holiday is today or why today is so special? You’re lucky, then! In this section, we’ve compiled the most fun, memorable, and international days of the year to tell you more about them as life is definitely worth celebrating. We strive to commemorate achievements, events, holidays, and historical figures that once impacted the world in a variety of ways, so be quick to get your daily dose of facts and knowledge!
Today, on February 9, the world celebrates an unusual holiday – World Pizza Day. The Internet Protocol team has gathered a bunch of interesting facts about the Italian national dish.
- NASA is developing a 3D printer that could “print” dough in space for astronauts.
- The first pizzeria in history began its work in Naples in the 18th century and was called Pizzeria Antica PortʼAlba. There were only two pizza options on the menu: Margherita and Marinara.
- Pizza hit the Guinness Book of Records. An employee of the famous restaurant chain Domino's made three large pizzas in less than 50 seconds.
- The most popular pizza ingredient is pepperoni. Pepperoni gets added into about 36% of the pizzas that are sold.
- Hawaiian pizza was invented in Canada.
According to online surveys, 78% of people around the world consider pizza their favorite dish.