In Handy Tips, we find ways to improve your life and make it easier and explain why these tips work. Today, we will tell you how to recognize the music that is playing on your iPhone and then find it on Spotify.
If you chose the "green player" instead of Apple Music or YouTube Music, we will teach you how to quickly identify the tracks that are playing on your iPhone and then search for them on the Spotify streaming service.
How to set up Spotify to identify and find tracks:
- Install the free application Shortcuts from the App Store.
- Go to Settings – Shortcuts, and click the Allow Untrusted Shortcuts button.
- Download a shortcut for identifying and finding tracks.
- At the first launch of the shortcut, allow access to the microphone and the Internet.
- Open the shortcut and click on the three dots in the upper right corner to go to its parameters.
- Select Add to Home screen, then specify a suitable name and icon.
We get a quick shortcut for recognition and finding music and an icon for launching it.
How to quickly recognize music and find it on Spotify
To do this, run the command we just added during the playback of any track. You can do this from within the Shortcuts app, using a new shortcut on the home screen, or even set up a command to run using Siri.
The music you want to find can be played on any external source or on the iPhone itself. For accurate recognition, make sure to turn up the volume and let the app analyze the music for a few seconds. The track will be automatically found in the Spotify app. Of course, you should have the app installed on your smartphone.